Those who conduct Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) records search must navigate a number of potential risks. Even then, finding the relevant UCC records is only the first step. UCC searchers must also correctly interpret the effect of each disclosed record.
What is a UCC search? Join us for a complimentary webinar on Thursday, February 9 at 2:00 P.M. ET to learn how to do a UCC search, how to interpret the results, and strategies for avoiding the multitude of traps awaiting the unwary searcher.
Topics covered in The Diligent UCC Search – Tips and Traps include:
- How to run a UCC search, as well as other essential search concepts such as “UCC is not a Notice Filing System”
- The elements of a reliable search, what search issues could arise, and how to handle them (name search, jurisdiction search, and search logic)
- The effectiveness of filed records, interested parties conducting further inquiry, allocation of risk, searcher’s responsibilities, and risk arising from insufficiently diligent search
- What is UCC filing?—the role of the filing office
- Best practices for debtor name information and variations
- Best practices for collateral information
- Overview of UCC-3 amendments, continuations, and termination statements and traps to avoid
- The purpose of UCC-1 Assignment and UCC-3 Assignment, and some common risks
The Diligent UCC Search – Tips and Traps – 2:00 P.M. session
February 9, 2017, 2:00 – 3:00 P.M. ET