For decades, CSC® has provided organizations in the state of Ohio with business filings, UCC searches, and portfolio management. Although filing can be a complicated and time-consuming venture, our industry-renowned experience and unrivaled UCC database make the process as simple as possible. From your first search to the time you file your financing statement, CSC can help you every step of the way.
For more information on UCC services in Ohio, please contact CSC via the form on the right.
Benefits of CSC services in Ohio:
- Our application is compliant with the latest amendments to Article 9, helping to reduce your risk of rejections.
- With the most comprehensive UCC database in the industry, CSC can rapidly deliver complete search records.
- The CSC web-based portal enables you to search Ohio UCC records, file financing statements, and manage your portfolio from one place.
- Our monitoring services can help you track your Ohio UCC filings and remain informed of any relevant changes that may affect the perfection or priority of your security interest.
- CSC offers secured party representation, which can help prevent your competition from soliciting your customers based on information they find in the public record.
UCC Article 9 in Ohio: News & Amendments
During 2010, various amendments were applied to UCC Article 9, with a majority of U.S. states enacting them soon after. It is vital to maintain the most up-to-date information on what amendments apply to your state's UCC Article 9.
The state of Ohio enacted the Alternative A ‘Only If' option to UCC Article 9 (§ 9-503(a)(4) through (6), plus subsection (g)). In this approach, the financing statement should list an individual debtor's name exactly as it appears on their driver's license.
However, alternatives can exist if the license was issued by a state other than the state where the financing statement is being filed or if the debtor does not have a driver's license.
For more assistance on what requirements you'll need to meet in your state, reach out to CSC via the form on the right or visit CSCTransactionWatch.
Read CSC’s guide to learn how to navigate UCC filing forms and rules.