Closed End Fund Administration
CSC administers a wide variety of closed-end investment funds, and specializes in private equity and real estate fund administration. Our highly specialized teams provide fund managers with customized fund administration services including fund accounting, net asset value (NAV) calculations, and back-office administration solutions. We offer a level of unmatched flexibility and expertise for the industry’s specialized needs and reporting requirements of the real estate and private equity markets.
Increasingly, independent third-party oversight and fund management is crucial for investor comfort, meeting regulatory requirements, and reducing internal operational costs. By partnering with CSC, fund managers can mitigate risks, increase transparency and accountability, and increase efficiency.
One of the primary responsibilities of the administrator is to provide an independent calculation of the NAV of the fund. Our reporting and accounting teams have extensive expertise in performing NAV calculations, preparing financial statements under U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), liaising with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) professionals, and have the flexibility to prepare customized and multi-currency reporting.
As an independent provider not affiliated with any financial institution, fund manager, or investment firm, we are free to work with any of your existing advisors, accountants, auditors, or banks, and liaise freely without the worry of conflicts of interest or other regulatory scrutiny.
CSC can provide the following services:
- Closed-end Real estate fund administration
- Closed-end Private equity fund administration
- Investor communications, investor registrar, capital call and distribution management and reporting administration
- Accounting services including NAV calculations, preparation of audited U.S. GAAP and IFRS financial statements
- Corporate management and back-office services including corporate secretarial, registered agent, annual report filing, principal place of business, and records safekeeping
- Management services including qualified directors, managers, and authorized signatories
- Treasury services, including cash flow control and forecasting, bank account management, and processing payments on behalf of the fund to various taxing authorities as directed by third-party tax preparers and treasury management
- Pre-launch and structuring support, including escrow agent services, and transactional cash drawing as required
- Liquidation services including accounting, reporting, disbursing agent, and tax coordination
- Qualified custodial services to meet the requirements of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act Custody Rule
The CSC difference
- Independence: We are not affiliated with any lending institution, law firm, or investment advisory firm, providing a true level of independence in the fund administration services we provide.
- Flexibility: We are free of the layers of bureaucracy that tie the hands of many larger institutions. We consider every transaction.
- Responsiveness: When you contact a member of the team, you can expect a quick reply. Our clients know they can count on us when time is of the essence.
- Expertise: We have provided customized solutions for more than two decades. Our staff of seasoned attorneys, certified public accountants, and finance professionals is ready to serve you.
- Stability: As a privately held company, our view of risk does not fluctuate with market conditions, and our focus is on the long term, not the quarterly reporting cycle. We are backed by one of the largest legal service companies in the world.
- Capability: We are one of the premier independent providers of solutions for the structured finance, corporate restructuring, real estate, domestic and international tax, private placement, and merger and acquisition markets. Our service offerings span trust and agency, special purpose vehicle management, and independent director services.
We're ready to talk
If you’d like to talk through your transaction, please reach out to any member of our team.