Skip to main content

Articles of Amendment

Keep track of critical entity information

Make an inquiry

All fields marked with * are required.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

As your business evolves, changes are inevitable. If these changes affect your formation documents, you may need to file an amendment. When you keep your entity information current, you avoid interruptions to your business—for example, if you don't have an officer or manager available to sign. Let CSC handle the articles of amendment, so you can focus on taking your business into its next stage.


Service in all 50 states

CSC can file in the U.S. and beyond in more than 140 global jurisdictions.

Business life cycle

In addition to fulfilling your articles of amendment needs, CSC can act as your registered agent.

Enjoy unmatched customer support

You'll have access to dedicated account experts. They'll provide live, personalized service during extended business hours.

Technology solutions


CSCNavigatorSM is our proprietary secure hub for our unified legal and compliance management network of solutions—powering CSC corporate compliance solutions, entity and matter management, service of process, annual reports, and business licenses.

Learn more about entity CSCNavigator


Common changes for filing an amendment with the secretary of state or applicable business registry include:

  • Company name changes

  • Registered agent contact information update

  • A new business address

  • Updated director or member information

  • Changes to the number of authorized shares

  • Business activity changes

You can change most items listed on the original articles, except the filing date, incorporator, or organizer. Also, you can't change your registered agent through an Articles of Amendment form.

The basic information needed is:

  • Current entity name

  • New entity name (if applicable)

  • Adopted amendments text

  • Adopted amendments dates

    • You'll need this information if there's a delay in the date when the amendment will be adopted. You'll also need the name(s) and address(es) of the individual(s) who are submitting the document. Some states require the member or the board of directors voting to pass these amendments, and many states require the signatures of the president and secretary of the entity.

Filing times vary by jurisdiction. Many jurisdictions offer expedited service for an additional fee.