Skip to main content

Name Reservation

Reserve a name for company registration

Make an inquiry

All fields marked with * are required.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

When you're forming a new business or expanding into new states, you should reserve the name of the business before you file to ensure it will be available for use. Some states when foreign qualifying, allow for a longer-term reservation, often called a name registration. Let CSC handle the paperwork. You'll have peace of mind knowing that your selected company name is protected.


Service in all 50 states

CSC can file in the U.S. and beyond with a number of international jurisdictions.

Business life cycle support

In addition, CSC can help you secure the business licenses you need or act as your registered agent.

Enjoy unmatched customer support

You'll have access to dedicated account experts. They'll provide live, personalized service during extended business hours.

Technology solutions


CSCNavigatorSM is our proprietary secure hub for our unified legal and compliance management network of solutions—powering CSC corporate compliance solutions, entity and matter management, service of process, annual reports, and business licenses.

Learn more about entity CSCNavigator


When you file a name reservation, you secure the use of the name of your business. The name reservation commonly extends for 120 days, although the timeframe varies by state.

Some states offer a name registration for foreign qualifying corporate entities. This typically reserves the name for you for the remainder of the calendar year, or in some states, for a full 12 months. You can file name registrations to protect the name of your company as it prepares to register in multiple new states.

The process varies by state. Most states require an Application of Reservation of Name or Foreign Corporate Name Registration. This may require a fee as well as supporting documents, such as a Certificate of Formation or a Certificate of Good Standing.