Wherever you do business, CSC® can serve as your registered agent for service of process (SOP), receiving legal and tax notices and other official documents on behalf of your corporation or limited liability company (LLC) and forwarding them to you without delay.
With CSC as your registered agent, you gain access to a revolutionary process for receiving and distributing SOP. We accept delivery of your documents and then forward them to you electronically—scanned, indexed and optimized—within 24 hours. Upon receipt and processing by CSC of any new SOP, we’ll send your contacts an email alert directing them to a secure online location where all of your company’s SOP-related documents are available for review and action.
CSC’s tools help you manage your SOP with ease. Within our secure online application, you can enter and save notes about your SOP documents, email the documents, and download multiple documents at once along with their associated transmittals. Learn more about CSC's SOP ManagerSM solution.
Because we offer international Service of Process, we can receive any and all documents while you are traveling internationally, and forward them to you electronically in a timely manner so you do not miss any import documents while you are away.
Discover how using CSC as an agent for Service of Process can benefit your company. Fill out the form to the right and a CSC representative will contact you soon.
CSC Electronic SOP Features Include:
- Reliability: Same-day scanning and electronic delivery of Service of Process documents, with online tracking and proof of delivery.
- Accuracy: All of your SOP documents arrive in one file, with no missing pages or attachments.
- Speed: Our electronic service eliminates the unnecessary delays of waiting for hard copies to arrive.
- Integration: Manage your entities, matters, SOP, business licenses and transactional results with CSCNavigatorSM, our powerful, single point-of-entry platform for all of our legal and compliance services.
- Power: Handle multiple entities with ease. Our Compliance Calendar alerts you to your filing requirements and helps maintain the status of all your entities.
- Better searches: All documents are scanned using Optical Character Recognition technology, enabling full-text searching of your files.
- Scope: CSC can serve as a service of process agent in all 50 U.S. states as well as internationally through transaction and global subsidiary services.
- Security: All your data and documents are safely housed on secure servers at CSC. Our facilities and processes are subject to regular SOC 2®-audits, assuring you the highest level of data security.
Service of Process FAQs
What is service of process?
Service of process means any official government notifications, which could include legal and tax notifications, annual report forms, business license renewals, correspondence from the secretary of state, and other business notices.
What is a registered agent or process agent?
An agent for service of process is a trusted individual or third-party, registered in the same state where an entity is established, who is authorized to receive service of process on behalf of your corporation or LLC. Entities may serve as their own registered agent, but for reasons including convenience and dependability, most choose a third party to avoid the consequences of not promptly responding to SOP.
How do you find an agent for service of process?
Most business entities on record with various secretaries of state must, by law, maintain a registered agent, who can also act as the agent for service of process. To find an agent for service of process, contact the State Division of Corporations for a listing of service providers. CSC can serve as a registered agent in Delaware and in all 50 U.S. states, the District of Columbia, and key international jurisdictions.
How do you change agents for service of process?
Typically, to change agents for service of process, you must notify your current registered agent service provider or contact your secretary of state. Some corporate service providers will handle this change for you as part of their registered agent service.
What is the cost of a service of process agent?
The registered agent, or agent of SOP, provides a legal address—within the jurisdiction where your company is established—where legal documents can be served during standard business hours. The registered agent’s duty is to receive and forward that SOP to your entity’s designated contact in a timely manner. The cost for service of process varies based on your needs, requirements, and number of entities.
Contact CSC for a quote, or to learn more.