Keeping your charitable organization in compliance
State-required compliance applies to charitable organizations just as it does most other businesses. Even before embarking on any fundraising or outreach, you must complete a significant amount of paperwork. Additionally, you will then be held responsible for meeting annual compliance standards for each state in which you have registered.
CSC® continually monitors the ever-changing landscape of state charitable solicitation statutes, so you can focus on the charitable work itself. We prepare your paperwork, advance the fees associated with each state registration, and submit the filing and fees to renew your registration prior to the due date. You can also trust us to follow up and confirm with each state that the filing has been accepted.
With CSC’s Charitable Services, we will:
- Perform a state-specific search to determine the status of the organization’s charitable registrations
- Prepare and submit registrations and renewals for charitable solicitation in the states where your organization requires registration
- Submit all renewals electronically, where permitted, on your behalf based on the information you’ve provided
- Monitor and manage all due dates, prepare renewals, and submit appropriate state fees and documentation on your behalf
- Assist with obtaining filing extensions, as needed, at the state level
A copy of the confirmation and corresponding invoices for jurisdictional fees are emailed to you and maintained perpetually within our easy-to-use CSCNavigator®, available to customers who utilize CSC for Registered Agent service. Because a registered agent is currently required in several states as part of the charitable filing process, CSC also offers this service.