Registered Agent Services
Most U.S. jurisdictions require entities that do business within their borders to designate and maintain a Registered Agent (also known as a "Statutory Agent").
The Registered Agent, or Agent for Service of Process, provides a legal address within the jurisdiction where legal documents (also known as "service of process") may be served during business hours. It is the Registered Agent's duty to receive and forward that service of process to the entity's designated contact, usually the company's legal team. Learn more about our registered agent, service of process (SOP), and SOP distribution solution.
The Registered Agent also receives official government documents including franchise tax notices and annual report forms. Registered Agents may also notify business entities whether or not they are in "good standing."
As part of our Registered Agent Service, CSC also keeps accurate and complete records of all your entity transaction, litigation, and service of process histories. We send you email alerts reminding you of critical filing deadlines such as annual reports, franchise tax payments, and business license and DBA renewals. What's more, our services are always rendered with the speed and security you would expect from an industry leader. CSC also offers LLC Registered Agent Services, learn more here.
Our registered agents can also take care of your international service of process needs while you are traveling out of the country so that you don’t miss any important paperwork or deadlines.
With CSC as your Registered Agent, expect:
- Reliability: Same-day scanning and electronic delivery of SOP documents, with online tracking and proof of delivery.
- Integration: Manage your entities, matters, service of process (SOP), business licenses and transactional results with CSCNavigatorSM, our powerful, single point of entry platform for all of our legal and compliance services.
- Power: Handle multiple entities with ease. Our compliance calendar alerts you to your specific filing requirements and maintains status for all your entities.
- Security: Stop worrying—all your data and documents are safely housed on secure servers at CSC. Our facilities and processes are SSAE 16-audited, assuring you the highest level of data security.
- Savings: We offer no-hassle, no-charge change-of-agent services to all of our clients.
Registered Agent in all 50 States:
CSC can serve as a Registered Agent in Delaware and in all 50 U.S. states, the District of Columbia, and key international jurisdictions. Please choose your state below or fill out the form to the right:
- New Jersey
- New York
- Washington, DC
Only CSC provides this level of support for your business. With more than a century's worth of Registered Agent expertise, we're the clear choice for enterprise-class compliance solutions. In fact, hundreds of thousands of companies rely on us for their business needs every day.
For more information about Registered Agent services from CSC, complete the brief form to the right. A CSC specialist will contact you soon.